Last week, Talia starts talking about Jake's Grandpa. Jake is the little boy she hung out with in MS. Jake's Grandpa (and Grandma) came out about three times while we were there and came to Disney World with us. With the time we spent with Jake's family, I can easily see why she would remember him.
Toward the end of last week, she starts asking us who her Grandpa is. We tell he is in Utah but it isn't quite sinking in. At church on Sunday, she points to several older men and asks us if they are her Grandpa. When the Bishop got up to conduct the services, she asked if he was her Grandpa. And so the rest of the day went just like that.
I called mom on Monday (I think) and told her the above story. We got a call from dad on Wednesday and he spoke with Talia. I was sitting there next to Talia to help with some translation issues. About three minutes into the phone conversation with Dad, Talia pulls the phone away from her face and whispers to me, "Is grandpa not dead anymore?" Good thing they will be out here in two weeks. The moral of the story is that if you haven't seen Talia in the past two years, you might be on the "dead" list...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope we can get off the dead list next month too! We are all excited to see you, but Jamie is so excited she is counting down the days!
Post a Comment