Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Changes

We have been living in a hotel for about a week now, and truthfully, we are all starting to feel a little bored and cooped up. There are only so many movies you can go see and so many meals you can go out for before the novelty wears off. It would be a little better if we had good friends in the area, but alas, they have all recently packed up and moved away. We are trying to appreciate this time for what it is though, knowing that in a week or two we will all be wishing we had just a moment to sit and relax.

It helps that we are semi-pros at this whole moving and starting over thing. We are definitely excited to meet all of our as yet unknown new friends and looking forward to new places to explore and new adventures to be had. By the same token, we have all been reflecting on this past year with a little melancholy. It has gone by so fast and we will miss this area and the wonderful people that we have met. I know that one thing I have learned this year is to enjoy the here and now. Time passes too quickly and there are so many little joys to be had in daily life.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Holy cow! You posted something!!! I couldn't figure out whose blog it was. hahahaha yes, it is sad, but yes, it is goign to be great fun in germany!

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

Yah - holy cow you posted something! I need to get you linked on my family blog cuz I took you off a while back since you never posted! I expect to see lots of pix from Germany so I can feel home sick again! :) Too bad our connection on Skype didn't work too well today!